BIM for Architects and Designers
Building Information Modeling (BIM) enables architects and designers to create, develop and communicate their design intent and understand performance, appearance, and cost earlier in the building design process. By utilizing BIM architects are able to study and compare multiple design alternatives making the design development more accurate and efficient.
Construction documentation can be more easily generated as an output from the BIM model allowing architects to focus and spend more time on the actual design. Documentation is coordinated more efficiently between project stakeholders and by creating an aggregate (combined) model for all disciplines BIM offers the capability to conduct clash detection throughout the design process. Clashes can then be resolved earlier in the design phase and pre-construction, thus avoiding major revisions and costly rework during construction.
With a data rich BIM model quantification and costing accuracy is increased. The data embodied within the model is abundant and reliable. Measurements are clearly defined which can be used for tasks such as schematic space planning and master scheduling. Using BIM architects can achieve sustainable designs faster and more accurately and perfrom whole buidling analysis to optimize energy consumption and work towards carbon neutral buidling design.
"Architects have the most experience with BIM, and they are percieved by all players as one of the greatest beneficiaries of BIM. This perception is especially strong among the architects themselves, with 80% arguing that architects as a discipline achieve a high level of value ". - McGraw Hill
- More efficient and enhanced design collaboration
Ease project approvals wit the help from powerful visualization tools
Make more informed decisions
- Superior risk management – early identification of issues that might arise
- More successful project delivery – reduction of conflicts and changes during construction
- Valuable data within model can improve cost estimating and building maintenance
- Repeat business and referral
Design To Your Standards:
- Work more efficiently with tools designed for architects
- Develop higher-quality, more accurate designs
- Create engaging design visualizations to present ideas
- Use presentation tools to better evaluate design options
- Access tools to help meet visualization needs
- Create more efficient buildings with energy analysis tools
- Gain better insight into constructability using 3D models
- Help resolve conflicts before construction